SYFA Approved Sports First Aid Course
- We at Albacare are a SYFA Approved Sport First Aid Training Organisation.
- The course is a 16 hour course with 8 hours in class and 8 hours online learning. This could be further broken in to section (As long as the course is completed with in 5 weeks) or it can be taken as 2 days in class.
- The certificate last for no longer than 3 years.
- The Course covers the below topics.
Courses Dates -
The cost for the course is £60+VAT per delegate.
- The role of the first aider.
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider, duty of care/standards of care, roles and responsibilities especially regarding children.
- First aid at sporting events.
- The SYFA first aid kit.
- Incident assessment inc sending for help and personal safety.
- Basic life support (as per latest European Resuscitation Council guidelines) including use of AED.
- Management of the unconscious casualty.
- Recovery position & action for vomiting.
- Injuries to the head inc facial injuries.
- Specific information on the management of concussion with evidence approach based on new Scottish guidelines (2015).
- Spinal injury.
- Injuries to the limbs & soft tissue and suspected fracture.
- Bleeding injuries inc management of shock.
- Management of wounds and burns.
- Medical conditions in sport including asthma, diabetes, seizures, angina/heart attack, stroke and environmental problems including heat and cold.
If want more information on our SYFA Sports First Aid Course either at our location Bathgate, West Lothian or at your location anywhere in Scotland get in touch through the course booking/enquiry form below.