SYFA Approved Sports First Aid Course
- We at Albacare are a SYFA Approved Sport First Aid Training Organisation.
- The course is a 2 day (16 hour) course. This could be further broken in to section (As long as the course is completed with in 5 weeks).
- The certificate last for no longer than 3 years.
- The Course covers the below topics.
Courses Dates -
The cost for the course is £100+VAT per delegate.
- The role of the first aider.
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider, duty of care/standards of care, roles and responsibilities especially regarding children.
- First aid at sporting events.
- The SYFA first aid kit.
- Incident assessment inc sending for help and personal safety.
- Basic life support (as per latest European Resuscitation Council guidelines) including use of AED.
- Management of the unconscious casualty.
- Recovery position & action for vomiting.
- Injuries to the head inc facial injuries.
- Specific information on the management of concussion with evidence approach based on new Scottish guidelines (2015).
- Spinal injury.
- Injuries to the limbs & soft tissue and suspected fracture.
- Bleeding injuries inc management of shock.
- Management of wounds and burns.
- Medical conditions in sport including asthma, diabetes, seizures, angina/heart attack, stroke and environmental problems including heat and cold.
If want more information on our 2 day SYFA Sports First Aid Course either at our location Bathgate, West Lothian or at your location anywhere in Scotland get in touch through the course booking/enquiry form below.